51dLTGyKuLL

“The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present.” -Eckhart Tolle.

The last thing I remembered was struggling to get up off a floor that I had just fallen down to. Eventually exhausted, I drifted off into an unconscious state. This is  how I was found,  only later  did I feel very lost. The next instance that I was conscious for, was waking  up in a hospital bed about 650 miles away from the  NewYork hotel bathroom floor I had fallen on. I was in a rehabilitation  center after having had a massive stroke at 28 years old. Suddenly, I was thrust into a deep darkness that I felt there was no escape from. How do I get back to NYC and when!?  This is all I asked my Parents about. Well, I’m still in recovery but my mind and  my outlook of the future are  not so bad anymore. In fact, there has been tremendous recovery because I got my mind and emotions onto a better train track.  So, how do you  divert  your path after near imminent disaster? First of all give it time, nothing worth having(or achieving) happens instantaneously. Secondly, welcome as much positivity into your  life as possible. Once you have taken time, and ingested a heavy dose of positivity you can begin steps to clean up the mess after the storm. Also, be on the lookout for any signs of progress however small. This will fuel you onto your bigger goals. Because, long term goals are made up of many short term goals.  Give yourself grace, not everything will be perfect, moving forward not backwards is key.  Not to mention, don’t bite off more than you can chew. Recovery from any disaster is a process. Finally, work SMART, and ask yourself if your goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time measured. All these things will help you rebuild your life after you’ve suffered a setback, whatever it may be.

bleu

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Off to see the Wizard

1. Sadah says:

This is nice.

1. Leah says:

Thank you Sadah! I hope you found it helpful.

1. Sadah says:

Would you like to share your content on our website?

2. Sadah says:

You can visit our website ascerblog.xyz and register yourself. If you need any help, feel free to reach us at info@ascerblog.xyz

2. Wise words, Leah! Thanks for the encouragement!

1. Leah says:

Wonderful, you’re welcome! That’s the purpose of the post Miss.☺️

3. Kenneth Cotham says:

I love u leah I could not be more proud to be your daddio!