angels-humans

“Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us.” -Thomas Paine.

I came into his  Emergency Department unresponsive on  a gurney. This man had never seen me before and  We had never spoken. Yet, even  so He took it upon  himself, bound and determined to save my life. The life of a person that had never included  him  until it nearly slipped away. I’m not sure why I was so   blessed to have been chosen as   a  special  case   for him, but I was and I’m sure that I’m alive to write this today  because of  that.  Not too long ago this very man passed away from this world into  the next. It was a loss not only for his family, but for everyone. Because, that day the world lost a unique and special soul. For me, I lost  a guardian angel. Who knows why certain people come in and out of our lives? However, in  special cases not all of them are merely human. Without even knowing it, your  life’s path may very well  come across  an angels. It’s difficult to convey in words how much of an impact a man I didn’t really know had in my life. The fact that a near perfect stranger rushed to my hospital bedside at all hours of the night to rescue me was surely an act of love. No ordinary(and naturally selfish) person would do that. Upon  learning of his passing it was incredible to take into account the impact that this individual had, had  on my life and so many others. It would be a  crime to waste the incredible gift that He had given me.  This triple board certified physician specialist(in ICU and stroke) possessed a brilliant mind, big heart, and a pair of talented hands. The first(and only) time I met him  after the stroke, my Mother observed him quietly staring at me for several minutes while I talked to other hospital employees. We both wonder what He must’ve been thinking. Surely, still working out  solutions for his “ special case,” even then.  Even though our second trip to see him again did not come to pass, his prediction did. “ The next time I see  you, you’ll be walking.”  Indeed I am not only  now  walking  but the next time I see him I’ll be running! In this journey through life none of  us complete it entirely on our own.  As if it were an  iditarod(see here) there is always someone  special that appears and helps you on the way to the finish line.  For me, during the long and  difficult race, I had a  very capable and giant helping hand in   Doctor Devasenapathy, or better known as   “ Dr. D.”     He  not only helped me to complete the race, but to  stay in the race at all. Therefore,  show kindness and love to your fellow man, because you never know when you might be entertaining an angel.

walk in love!

bleu

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “Human Angels

1. hocuspocus13 says:

Reblogged this on hocuspocus13 and commented:
    jinxx⭐xoxo

1. Leah says:

Wow, thank you for the reblog! What a compliment!

2. Erica Herd says:

Wonderful story.

1. Leah says:

Thank you!💗 I’m so very blessed that I got to be a part of it. 😊

3. deeply intense and moving

1. Leah says:

Wow, thank you Chyfrin! The other theory as to what He was thinking in that moment is: amazement mixed with a wondering about what kind of Life I’m going to have. Because, truly I was a very special medical success case. When people put so much into you, you must do all you can to succeed because that’s why they did it to begin with(to see you succeed) 😘💗

1. Luck to you in your endevors

4. Rathna says:

Hi Leah, this is Dr. D’s wife, Rathna. Thank you for sharing your amazing story and I cried while reading your beautiful words. He was indeed a “human angel” and left us and this world too soon. His life was his work and to help others was a priority to him as well as his gift. I am happy to hear you are doing well and I enjoyed reading reading your other stories-you are an amazing writer! Take care and wishing you all the best! Rathna

1. Leah says:

Hello Rathna so wonderful to hear from you! Indeed He left us too soon, I really wanted to see him again at Wilson, my Mom and I both loved him. Thank you for writing me it makes me very happy that you did. Not to mention, behind every great man is a great woman.😊💗 Much love to you, -Leah